Thursday 30 September 2010

Snowball

I dont know if anyone has seen the mini series or read the book of Stephen King's The Stand. There is a line in which Stu Redman says he was told by Mother Abigail in a dream that, on his journey to the Free Zone, he would be like a snowball rolling down a hill, gathering more weight as he went. "...mind you keep pickin' up strays the way". Or something along those lines. Thats kind of how I'm feeling at the moment.

Since I announced just last week that I would be taking part in the Operation Christmas Child project, I have had lots of friends asking me how they too can get involved. So I have decided to take things a step further. About an hour ago I sent a message to the members of the Portsmouth and Southsea Netmums group on Facebook telling them about the project and I have put forward the idea of holding a 'packing party' (having been inspired by a few members of the OCC Facebook page). I have already recieved a few positive responses and my good friend Lauren has offered to help pay for the booking of a small hall to hold it in. I have also e-mailed my local paper asking if they would be interested in doing a feature on the event.

I never thought I would be the type of person to inpsire others, especially without actually meaning to do so, but on I roll down that hill and each person I pick up on the way represents one more child who gets to smile this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment